This is a sponsored conversation written by me of behalf of Ball Park® brand. The opinions and text are all mine.
Even though the kids are back in school and summer is officially winding down there are still a few weekends left to enjoy the warm weather and backyard BBQs. Whether you are hosting a BBQ for friends on the weekend or just grilling up a quick and easy week night meal, this grilled Mexican Street Corn recipe is the perfect side dish.
Juicy, golden, sweet kernels of corn are enough to make your mouth water, but slathered in a creamy chili and lime-spiked sauce and sprinkled with cheese this grilled Mexican Street Corn will blow your mind! I love this side dish because it is super easy and goes with just about everything. It’s one of my favorite sides dishes to serve when we BBQ and has become my go-to when entertaining for a crowd. My friends and family saw this recipe make an appearance more than once this summer, including our hot dog bar, one of my favorite ways to entertain a crowd!
If you are looking for a great way to entertain friends and enjoy the last little bit of summer this weekend make a big batch of this Mexican Street Corn, pair it with Ball Park Park’s Finest premium beef hot dogs, and serve it with ice cold lemonade for an unforgettable and extraordinary weekend! Trust me your friends will be talking about this delicious recipe all evening long.
Speaking of Ball Park Park’s Finest, did you know that on August 13th the Ball Park brand set the Guinness World Record for the Longest Team Barbecue Marathon after grilling for 34 hours and 35 minutes in New York City!? The Finest Grillathon winners, Andrew Battistelli and Susan Bulloch, along with Food Network chef Tyler Florence, grilled more than 3,000 Ball Park Park’s Finest Hot Dogs which were donated to City Harvest, a food rescue organization. Now that’s a party!
Ok, you’ve waited long enough. Here is the recipe for our favorite side dish Grilled Mexican Street Corn that you can make for a crowd or enjoy tonight for dinner, either way we know you are going to love it!
- 5 ears sweet corn
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Juice from one lime
- ¼ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (between 350-450) You can leave the corn husks on or take them off for some pretty grill marks.
- Place the corn directly over the heat and grill for 10-15 minutes, turning often.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the garlic powder with the mayonnaise, sour cream and the juice from half the lime, set aside.
- Place the cotija cheese in a shallow baking dish or on a plate. When the corn is done, remove husks and brush the corn with the garlic mayonnaise mixture. Roll in the cotija cheese and sprinkle with cilantro and chili powder. Serve with the lime wedges to squeeze over the corn
Ball Park has made BBQ history, check out this video to see the finest grillathon in action.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ball Park. The opinions and text are all mine.