Valentine’s Day is almost here and if you are looking for an easy and delicious gift idea then I’ve got you covered with our Berry Sweet Valentine Printable and Gift Idea.
My sister told me she needed a gift idea for her schools secret valentine exchange and so I started thinking about what I would like to receive to help me get through the day with a classroom full of 5 and 6 year olds and only one thing came to mind…chocolate! I picked up a bunch of red berry baskets on clearance at Christmas time and I knew I would find a use for them throughout the year and what better time than Valentine’s Day.
Then I remembered my favorite Berry Sweet Teacher Appreciation gift tags that Dimpleprints created for me and light bulbs started going off. I could make strawberry shaped chocolate Oreo truffles, put them in berry baskets, attach a Berry Sweet Valentine tag and BAM, cutest gift ever!
I am sure you have had the amazing and oh so easy 3-ingredient Oreo Truffles before, but if you haven’t stop what you are doing immediately and go make them. I’m serious, they are amazing! Ok, I guess you will need to know what you need to make this super cute gift so here we go:
- Oreo Truffle Recipe (see below)
- Red & Green Chocolate Candy Melts
- Icing Bag
- Green Polka Dot Paper Straws, cut into 1″ pieces
- Berry Baskets
- Green Crinkle Filler
- Cellophane Wrap
- Ribbon or Twine
- Free Berry Sweet Valentine Printable Tags from DimplePrints
Make the Oreo Truffles, take a tablespoon full of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Then gently form and shape the ball until it looks like a strawberry or heart shape. Put on a wax paper lined cookie tray and place in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
Melt the red candy melts according to the directions on the package and then gently dip the strawberry shaped Oreo Truffle into the chocolate until fully coated. Remove the from the chocolate and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Immediately insert the green polka dot paper straw for the stem and let the chocolate dry.
Now it’s time to add the green leaves to your strawberry. With a piping bag use the green melted chocolate candy and start piping at the base of the stem moving your bag back and forth in a sweeping motion all the way around the stem to create the leaves.
After your chocolate strawberry Oreo Truffles have completely dried fill a red berry basket with green “grass” and add the strawberries.
Wrap the basket with clear cellophane, tie with twine and attach the Berry Sweet Valentine Printable tag for a sweet little gift. Of course if you don’t want to make your own Oreo Truffles you could always fill the basket with chocolate dipped strawberries or strawberry shortcake in a jar.
Who would you give this sweet gift too? Don’t forget to download these cute Berry Sweet Valentine printables from DimplePrints.
- 1 package Oreo Cookies
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- Chocolate Candy Melts
- Finely crush the Oreo cookies with a food processor.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until the cookie crumbs are all incorporated.
- Shape into 1-inch balls, place on wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for up to an hour or until truffles are firm.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts according the directions on the package and dip the truffles into the melted candy until even coated..
- Place chocolate covered truffles on wax paper lined baking sheet; let stand until firm.