I’ve been all ‘wrapped up’ working on Halloween parties and craft projects that I can’t wait to share with you. Before I ‘unwrap’ all the fun I wanted to invite you to a Halloween blog hop I’m hosting with some of my creative and crafty friends! From Halloween party treats to Halloween favors to Halloween home décor, we’ve got you covered! Scroll down to see all of the creative and creepy ideas!
But first, let’s talk mummies and get all wrapped up with these adorable mummy treats and pumpkin favors.
I recently hosted a Mummy and Me soiree and I wanted a special favor for my favorite “mummies” and their kiddos. I also wanted something to put at each place setting and came up with this idea for mummy treats displayed in glittery black pumpkins. You can make your own pumpkin favors for a special dinner or a lovely treat for your neighbors, teachers or friends. Here is what you’ll need to make them.
- Faux Pumpkin (I used a $3 Styrofoam glitter pumpkin from Wal-Mart)
- Serrated knife
- White chalk pen
- Black spray paint
Using your white chalk pen draw a line around the middle of the pumpkin to mark where you will cut.
Take your serrated knife and carefully cut the faux pumpkin.
Next, with a spoon carefully scoop out the inside center to create a “bowl” in the center of your pumpkin
Lightly spray paint the white inside part of your pumpkin black. Go easy and be careful spray painting on Styrofoam, some types of paint will eat away at the Styrofoam. You can add black tissue paper or filler to hide any imperfections or white spots if you need too.
I wanted all the candy to be black and white to coordinate with my party, but couldn’t find black and white lollipops so I made mummy lollipops by covering them with white crepe paper and adding googly eyes. I love how they turned out. Finally, arrange your mummy treats in your pumpkin favors. That’s a wrap!
Now please HOP over and visit my friends!
From left to right in the collage you’ll find:
- Candy Corn Oreos with Bird’s Party (find her on pinterest and google +)
- Gone Batty Halloween Cake with The Celebration Shoppe (find me on pinterest and google +)
- All Wrapped Up Mummy Treats & Pumpkin Favors with Giggle Galore, that’s me! 🙂
- Coffin Favor Boxes with Love The Day (find her on pinterest and google +)
- Creepy Crawly Rat and Spider Wreath with Catch My Party (find her on pinterest and google +)
- Push Pop Pumpkin and Halloween Chex Mix Recipe with Dukes & Duchesses (find her onpinterest and google +)
- Spooky Spider Web Halloween Wreath with A Night Owl Blog (find her on pinterest and google +)
- Rattling Bones Halloween Coffin Cake with Celebrations At Home (find her on pinterest andgoogle +)