This exact time last year I was gearing up to attend SNAP Creativity at Your Fingertips, my very first blogger conference. I was excited. I was nervous. I was ready and then I was hit with an unforseen blow…I was laid off from my job on Monday, two days before I was supposed to board a plane for SNAP. My world was turned upside down. Fast forward to April 2013 and wow, what a differance a year makes!
This year I’m sitting in my hotel room, anxiously waiting for my roomie, Michelle from Maddycakes Muse, to arrive so I can give her a big hug. This year I’m not just attending the conference, I’m speaking at it (pinch me.) I’m excited. I’m a little nervous. But, most of all I know I’m exactly where I am supposed to be.
I may not have all the answers or know what I want to be “when I grow up.” But I am tyring to enjoy the journey. Despite a major set back, this past year gave me the opportunity to put the breaks on my crazy demanding work schedule, focus on my kids and re-evaluate me and what I want. I’ve been able to put more energy and effort into Giggles Galore and have had some amazing opportunities to work with designers, brands and even a few publications! It’s been a rollercoaster of a ride with lots of laughter, tears, self doubt, confidence and joy, but every moment has been worth it.
So if you are attending SNAP (and even if you aren’t) this weekend I encourage you to soak it all in. Make things happen. Step outside of your comfort zone, meet a new friend and build relationships. Focus on your dreams and Make Things Happen, you never know maybe next year you will be saying the same thing…Wow, what a differance a year makes!
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Hot Salted Caramel Coffee
- Cricut EasyPress 2 vs. Heat Press - Which Is Better?
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas & Tips
- 10th Birthday Tradition and Surprise Birthday Sign
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party