I love to give people gifts, to me it is like an art form and it brings me so much joy and happiness. It seems like as we get older we need less and less stuff, but that doesn’t mean that grown-ups don’t like to receive a thoughtful gift for birthday celebrations or just because (which is my favorite kind of gift to give!) Today we are sharing the perfect personalized gift: DIY Painted Coasters your drinks will be dying to rest on.
I am headed to a friends birthday celebration later this week and I while gifts were specifically discouraged I always feel like it’s nice to show up with a little token of joy for the guest of honor. I decided to create a personalized drink caddy with her favorite drinks and some DIY painted coasters to rest them on. This was an easy gift to put together and you can customize it to fit so many different types of celebrations.
- Cork Coasters
- Americana Craft Paint (we used coral blush, sweet mint, carousel pink and gold)
- DecoArt Stencil
- Paint Brushes
- Washi Tape
- Bottle Carrier
1. Start by using washi tape to create your design on the coasters
2. Next, paint in the lines to create a colorful design on the coaster
3. Once the paint has dried take your stencil and paint over the design. I used numbers and painted 1-4 on each coaster so guest can easily keep track of where they set their drink.
4. Remove the stencil and let the paint dry.
That’s it, easy peasy right?! Now while your diy painted coasters are drying you can personalize your bottle carrier with the Americana craft paint. I embellished my drink carrier with ribbon and a coordinating gift tag.
Add your friends favorite drinks, pretty paper straws, colorful napkins, the DIY painted coasters and of course confetti for the perfect personalized gift!
I love how simple this project was to complete and how versatile it can be. You can create personalized gifts for all of your special friends birthday celebrations or make festive holiday gifts for any occasion.
What’s your favorite gift to give?
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- Pink-o-Ween Halloween Ghoul’s Night Party
- The Best Mother’s Day Gift
- French Toast with Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- Cozy Classic Red Plaid Christmas Tree
- How to Use Cricut Foil Transfer System
- Pink and Purple Princess Party Candy Bar
- 15 Handmade Valentine Box Ideas for School
- DIY Motivational Water Bottle
- Valentine’s Day Box Idea