Hot summer days have us longing for an endless supply of refreshing beverages and lemonade tops our list of must haves. This Pitcher Perfect Lemonade is the ultimate way to celebrate summer. It’s perfect for everything from backyard BBQs to kid-friendly lemonade stands!
A big thanks to our partner Expressions Vinyl for helping us make sure our favorite refreshing summertime drink looks great too! Plus, I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to bring you lots of fun and creative ideas for vinyl projects, make sure you check them out below.
When I decided to whip up a batch of homemade lemonade I knew that an ordinary pitcher just wouldn’t do for our fresh squeezed lemonade. So I grabbed some of my colorful Expressions Vinyl and my Cricut to create an extraordinary pitcher, perfect for serving lemonade!
I love these bold, bright vinyl colors from Expressions Vinyl. I think they scream summer, don’t you?
I found a super cute SVG lemonade file and used my Cricut to create and design the vinyl sticker to fit my pitcher.
Once everything was cut out I placed the transfer tape over the vinyl and rubbed it until everything was smooth and well stuck.
Slowly peel the transfer tape off and attach the vinyl sticker to the pitcher.
Now that you have the perfect pretty pitcher you need the perfect summer drink. It’s tough to beat a summer classic like lemonade and taking the time to make your own homemade lemonade makes it that much sweeter! And of course once you’ve made the perfect lemonade you’ll be all set to serve it in your pretty pitcher.
Lemons, sugar, water, easy peasy right? There really isn’t much to making fresh squeezed lemonade. The key to the perfect lemonade is simple really…it’s all about the simple syrup. By heating the water and sugar first you’ll guarantee that the lemonade is sweet and perfectly mixed. I like to add lemon zest once the sugar has dissolved and let it steep for a few minutes. This gives the lemonade a bright bold flavor, just make sure you strain out the zest before pouring your simple syrup in the lemon juice.
Now that you have the perfect lemonade pour the lemonade into a fun glass decorate with vinyl. You can add a twist of flavor to your lemonade with fresh mint, raspberries or strawberries for the perfect summertime drink.
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- zest from lemon
- 2 to 3 cups cold water
- First make a "simple syrup". Pour the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until the sugar dissolves completely, remove from the heat. Add the lemon zest and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain the simple syrup, removing the zest before pouring into lemon juice.
- While the water is heating for the simple syrup, juice your lemons. Depending on the size of the lemons, 4 to 6 of them should be enough for one cup of juice.
- Pour the juice and the simple syrup sugar water into a serving pitcher. Add 2 cups of cold water and taste. Add more water if you would like it to be more diluted. If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more lemon juice.
- Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. Add ice to a glass and serve with mint, raspberries or strawberries.
Now you can cool off and enjoy a hot summer day with Pitcher Perfect Lemonade!