I have been busy traveling and trying to keep up with my kids busy schedules, but the other day I had to pop in Target to pick up a prescription for my son. Like most of my trips to Target, I decided to swing by the Dollar Spot for a quick peek at the new stuff. I quickly spotted all of the gorgeous fall decor and inspiration hit immediately. With the help of my brand partner DecoArt, I created these pretty painted wood pumpkins for fall.
This month DecoArt teamed up with Walnut Hollow and challenged me to create something using Americana Decor® outdoor living paint and the pallet pumpkins from Walnut Hollow. I had been trying to decide what I would do with them for a while, but my trip to Target inspired me and I love how my pallet pumpkins turned out. I love the rich colors, the texture of the plaid and the fun way to display my favorite fall family photos.
Here is what you will need to make your own painted wood pumpkins for fall:
- Pallet Pumpkins
- I used the small tall and large short pumpkins
- Americana Decor® Paint
- I used Outdoor Living Sunset, Chalky Finish Keepsake, Chalky Finish Honor and Vintage Brass Metallics
- Paint Brushes
- Washi Tape
- Clothes Pins
I used a piece of scrapbook paper I found in the fall collection at the Target Dollar spot as my inspiration for this plaid design. Start by creating the base of your plaid pattern with the washi tape on the pallet pumpkin.
Paint the big stripes with the Outdoor Living Sunset paint.
Once that layer of paint dries tape off additional plaid stripes with the washi tape and paint it with another color. Continue to repeat the first two steps until you have created your plaid design.
While the paint is drying on the plaid pumpkin, paint the other pallet pumpkin a solid coordinating color. I painted mine with the Keepsake paint because it is my absolute favorite color! I sanded the pumpkin once the paint was dry to give it a more rustic look and feel.
Once the paint was dry I drilled holes in the side to create my memo board. Next, thread the twine through the top hole and tie a knot to secure it.
Crisscross the twine and thread it through each of the holes to create the memo board.
Attach photos or simple fall quotes for an extra special fall display.
I made a banner using the inspiration scrapbook paper from Target and hung it on my vintage window. I placed the painted wood pumpkins in front of it for the perfect fall mantle decor. I am in love with the blues, orange and gold color pallet for my fall mantle. The colors are so rich and warm and have me dreaming of crisp fall mornings and snuggling in front of the fire place as the evening chill sets in.
How would you decorate your wood pallet pumpkins?
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- How to Host Backyard Oktoberfest Party
- Colorful Herb Box Garden Planter
- DIY Painted Pegboard Jewelry Organizer
- Easy Tailgate Snack and Party Ideas
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Colorful Spring Lemon Flower Arrangement
- Tips to Beat the Summer Heat
- How to Keep White Towels White and Fresh-Smelling
- Teacher Appreciation Gifts: ‘Donut’ You Know You’re a Great Teacher Free Printable