This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla®.
Does anyone else feel like this year is flying by at warp speed? I can’t believe we are almost through the school year, seriously where did the time go. One thing I know is that as the school year winds down our schedule is going to be jammed packed with ceremonies, sports activities and end of the year programs. Which means I’m going to need a plan for quick and easy dinners that my family can enjoy even though we are running from one activity to the next.
This easy Lasagna recipe is one of my go-to meals for busy weeknights. It only has a few ingredients and you can make it ahead of time. I like to double it when I make it and put one in the freezer to have for another night.
I’ve found that when your making a recipe with only a few ingredients it’s important to use the best. I’ve tried skimping on the pasta and sauce for this recipe before, but it never turns out quite as good. My sister recommend I try Barilla® because it is thicker than other sauces and it won’t make the lasagna runny or mushy. I gave it a try and you can really taste the difference. It’s made from all natural, quality ingredients like vine-ripe tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and herbs, a real taste from from real vegetables.
- 1 box Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 1 jar Barilla®.Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375
- In a skillet cook the ground beef
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the 9x13 pan
- Mix the remaining sauce with the ground beef
- Place a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce
- Spread a layer of the meat sauce on top of the noodles
- Top with a layer of cheese
- Repeat the layers until the pan is full
- Top with a final layer of cheese
- Cook for 1 hour, let cool for 5-10 before cutting.
And while the fresh taste of Barilla® Sauce makes a difference in your meal, you can make a difference for someone else by simply purchasing a jar of Barilla® Sauce. For every jar purchased from 4/1/14 through 5/31/14 Barilla® will donate 1 pound of fresh produce to Feeding America to support those in need, up to 4.2 million pounds.
I want to know how do you give back in your local community?
- Leave me a comment and you’ll be eligible to win a special package from Barilla® featuring their sauce and pastas to whip up a delicious meal!
- In addition we will also pick 10 comments at random and the authors of those comments will receive free Barilla® coupons, valid through 3/31/15.
Special Prize Package will include: A jar of Barilla sauce, one Barilla branded wooden spoon, one Barilla® Spaghettata Bowl,and five (5) coupons, each redeemable for one (1) jar of Barilla pasta sauce. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $60.) This giveaway starts today and ends on May 31, 2014 at 11:59 EST. Official giveaway rules can be found here: http://barilla.com/RealTasteRules
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Barilla®. For every jar of Barilla® sauce purchased, $0.05 will be donated to Feeding America’s National Produce Program which secures one pound of fresh produce on behalf of local food banks. Barilla® will make a minimum donation of 4.2 million pounds of fresh produce ($150,000) from 4/1/14 through 5/31/14.