This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Michaels. All opinions are 100% mine.
Are you as obsessed with the deer trend as I am? And can we just talk about plaid…it’s everywhere this Christmas and I’m loving it too! So, of course I combined these two new obsessions for a fun Christmas Gift for Friends and made these adorable “You’re a Deer Friend” Cookies.
On a recent trip to Michaels I spotted this plaid washi tape and immediately threw it in my basket, along with a ton of other goodies from the Recollections holiday products which I found on the end caps in the paper crafting section. I had no clue what I’d use any of it for, but in my experience if you see something this awesome you snatch it up…because by the time you finally have an idea and are ready to get crafty all the good stuff is gone!
If you know anything about me you know that I love giving people gifts. It makes my heart happy and I hope that in some small way it brings joy and cheer to others. But, I don’t have lots of time or money to shower everyone with lavish gifts. Which is why I love this Christmas gift idea so much. It’s simple, inexpensive and quick, which means I can whip up several of them and hand them out to friends this holiday season.
- Empty Pringles Can
- Recollections Brown Kraft Paper
- Recollections Plaid Washi Tape
- Deer Silhouette
- Recollections Wood Veneer Tags
- Glue or Glue Dots
1. Gather your supplies
2. Wrap your clean, empty Pringles Can in the brown Kraft wrapping paper and secure with glue or double stick tape.
3. Next wrap the top and bottom sections of the can with the plaid washi tape.
4. Cut out and attach your deer silhouette. I used my Cricut to cut out my deer head, however if you don’t have a cutting machine you could also use the Recollections deer tags found at Michaels. I thought my deer needed a little extra pizzazz so I added a gold bow.
5. Next, take the wooden tags and add the “You’re a Deer Friend” message. Again, I used my Cricut to cut the words out in vinyl because my handwriting is terrible. But, you could use a fine tip pen or marker to write the saying on the tag.
6. Fill the container with homemade chocolate chip cookies, or your favorite baked treat.
7. Attach the tag with twine to the container and add a few sprigs of Christmas greenery to complete your simple Christmas gift.
That’s it, now you have a pretty and sweet Christmas gift idea for the deer friends in your life!
If you’re looking to get a jump start on Christmas gifts for your friends stop by Micahels. Whether you’re looking to embellish a package or a quick kit to help you finish your holiday decor the Recollections brand has lots of great, affordable basics and kits in stock to help make your holidays EXTRAORDINARY!