When you are a kid Halloween is such a magical time. You get to dress up and turn your dream of being a superhero or princess into a reality for one magical night, and there are treats galore. As a mom I love indulging my kids grand ideas for their costumes and creating extraordinary memories with special spooky treats just for fun. These Vampire Blood White Hot Chocolate treats are the perfect way to warm your bones after a chilly night of trick-or-treating.
The kids will love sipping on these sweet and creepy drinks while sorting through their Halloween loot. I think these would be perfect for Halloween parties too. I mean, what’s not to love. Delicious and rich homemade white hot chocolate topped with lots of whipped cream and drizzled with homemade gooey strawberry syrup. These might look creepy, but they taste perfectly delicious!
You know how much I love easy projects and recipes. When I’m looking for something fun and easy to do with my kids I turn to the Imperial Sugar Kids in the Kitchen site. We’ve found so many recipes we love there including Monster Brownie Sandwich Cookies, Chocolate Spider Cookies and now Vampire Blood White Hot Chocolate. This recipe from Imperial Sugar is so easy and the kids will love helping too. Sometimes I forget how much fun it is to cook in the kitchen with my kids. We had lots of fun making these special Halloween treats and there were definitely lots of laughs while we stirred and mixed. I have so many fond memories of being in the kitchen with my mom and I hope that one day my kids will have the same treasured memories.
Remember how I said this recipe was easy? There are only a few steps and ingredients and it will take you less than 10 minutes to whip up these tasty treats.
Once you’ve made the homemade white hot chocolate pour it into a mug.
Next, top it off with lots of whipped cream.
Pour the homemade strawberry syrup over the top of the hot chocolate, letting it drip down the sides of the glass for that super creepy effect.
I had some leftover vampire teeth from our Monster Mash Party and Monster Mash Ice Cream Mocktails so I decided to add a few to our Vampire Bloold White Hot Chocolate as a garnish.
Pair it with a blood red velvet cupcake for the ultimate spooky Halloween treat. These would be perfect for Halloween parties or even just a special after dinner treat.
You and your little goblins will have fun making memories while creating these creepy Vampire Blood White Hot Chocolate Halloween treats. For more creative recipes, craft ideas and free Halloween printables make sure you stop by Imperial Sugar’s website for a spooktacular time!
- 4 cups half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- Whipped cream
- Strawberry syrup (recipe below)
- Strawberry Syrup:
- 1 cup ripe strawberries, cut in half
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Add half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, white chocolate, and salt to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate melts and comes to a simmer, being careful not to come to a boil.
- Ladle into mugs. Top with whipped cream and strawberry syrup.
- To make Strawberry syrup: add strawberries, sugar, and water to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and let cook until the strawberries break down, about 5 minutes. Strain berries out and pour syrup into a jar.
- Tint with red food coloring if needed. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.