- Colored round cereal (such as Fruit Loops® or Fruity Cheerios®)
- Corn Syrup Free Marshmallows
- Yarn or thick string
- Plastic sewing needle
- Food Safe Color Spray
- White Candy Melts
- Prepare marshmallows according to recipe. Cut into heart shapes.
- Spray marshmallows with food safe color spray or melt candy melts and use to attach heart shaped sprinkles.
- Cut yarn and thread with plastic needle.
- Have children pick a pattern and repeat it a few times threading cereal through.
- Thread the marshmallow through. (The needle can get sticky, so have some wipes nearby.)
- Repeat the pattern on the other side. Tie a knot and wear around your neck.
Let the kiddos wear their new jewelry, but don’t expect for it to last long…these Valentine Marshmallow Necklaces are just too delicious to resist!
This would be a darling craft activity if you are planning a last minute Valentine’s Day party or play date, don’t you think?
You can find other fun Valentine’s crafts, free printables and yummy recipes here: http://www.