How many times have you read or been told to drink more water throughout the day? It’s one of those things we all know we are supposed to do, but surprisingly something as simple as drinking water is a task most people struggle with, including myself. I am constantly trying to make sure I get my daily water intake in, but let’s face, most days I need a lot of motivation! I have partnered with Brita® to share an easy DIY project and my tips for drinking more water.
Our bodies are made up of over 70% of water. Staying hydrated is important to keep everything functioning properly and it should be a top priority for all of us. Unfortunately, if you are anything like me you tend to forget about drinking water throughout the day. A few years ago I made a DIY Motivational Water Bottle to help keep me on track, and it worked great. That is until I lost it and started buying plastic water bottles. On a recent trip to my local grocery store, Albertsons, I was on my way to pick up more water bottles and spotted the Brita Water Filtration system. I picked one up and decided to get back on track, but this time I decided I needed more than just a water bottle to keep me on track.
I decided that if every time I opened up my fridge and saw a sassy and fun pitcher full of water staring back at me it would be a little bit easier to get those glasses of water down. You don’t need much to make this super simple DIY project and start making changes for the better.
- Brita Water Pitcher
- Transfer Tape
- Cricut Machine
I used my Cricut machine to design a fun label that would add a splash of my personality and help keep me motivated.
Once I had the vinyl cut I layered the colors and used the transfer tape to add it to the front of my Brita pitcher.
That’s really all there is too it, all you have left to do is fill it up. And just by drinking filtered water from my new motivational water pitcher I’ll be helping to reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in our landfills and oceans. Did you know that 1 Brita filter used = 300 plastic bottles saved?
I made a new motivational water bottle to go with my fun new water pitcher and plan to get back on track and make drinking water a daily priority. Here are a few of my favorite tips for drinking more water:
- Set a specific goal for each day and stick too it. If you have trouble drinking water throughout the day start small and add a glass each week, until you are eventually drinking the required glasses of water you need each day.
- Use a water bottle that will motivate you and always keep it nearby.
- Add your own flavor! Use fruit and herbs to infuse your drink and turn boring water into an extraordinary drink that you will keep reaching for throughout the day.
- Get a filter you’ll actually use, pick your favorite Brita pitcher and personalize it with vinyl quotes that we help keep you motivated and on track.
- Use an app on your phone to track your progress and analyze your consumption.
Whether it’s a change to improve your personal health and wellness, or a pact to lessen your impact on the environment, the change for cleaner, healthier water will improve how you spend your summer. Follow us on Instagram and use the #FuelWithBrita hashtag to see how others are turning ordinary water into an extraordinary experience with Brita water pitchers. And make sure you enter the giveaway for your chance to win one!
No Purchase Necessary. Ends June 10, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. Subject to complete Official Rules
“This was sponsored by Brita but the opinions are completely my own based on my experience.”
You might also like these other posts to help you stay on track with your healthy lifestyle and goals:
- Rock Candy Rainbow Donuts
- You’re the Cherry Best Pie Party
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- Notebook Paper Bags – School Treat
- The Best Mother’s Day Gift
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- How to Plan a Picture-Perfect Spring Picnic
- Whimsical Nutcracker Themed Christmas Tree
- DIY Bubble Bath Halloween Costume
- FREE Thanksgiving Cell Phone Wallpaper
- Strawberry Coco Loco Mocktail Recipe
- DIY Graduation Cap Balloon Gift