This week we are taking the time to show our teachers just how much we appreciate all the wonderful things they do to help our children learn and grow. Teacher Appreciation is one of my favorite times of the school year because I know first hand just how much time, love and and effort goes into teaching. My parents and sister both put in countless hours and their own money to make their classrooms the best, I admire them and all the other teachers out there.
So this week we are saying “Thank You” with a special Teacher Appreciation Money Tree. What teacher wouldn’t love a money tree? This is a great idea for a class gift and easy to put together.
I purchased a plastic pot from the garden section for our Money Tree. I used my Cricut to add the teachers name in vinyl to the front of the pot. Place a round floral foam in the bottom of the pot, stick tree branches in the floral foam to create your tree. I filled in the bottom with rocks for stability and covered it with torn book pages and red gift bag filler. Next I tied twine to the branches of the tree and added a mini clothespin for everyone to add their money to the tree.
I sent out a note to all of the parents in the class and asked each of them to send $1-5 donation for our teachers money tree. Together the class created a special Teacher Appreciation Money Tree that their teacher loved! I printed out the free “Thanks for Helping Me Grow” tag from Dimpleprints with a sweet note saying “thank you!”
And in case you are looking for more teacher appreciation ideas check out my 3 favorite ideas from last year with free printables.
- Back to School Snack Board Ideas
- 100 Sweet Days of School Bubblegum Shirt
- Back to School Crafts to Make with Your Cricut
- DIY Face Masks and Essentials Bag with Cricut
- School Supply Teacher Appreciation Gift + Free Printables
- Smart Cookie Teacher Appreciation Gift
- Back to School Morning Routine Checklist
- End of Year Teacher Gift
- Meet the Teacher Gift Idea
- Healthy Field Trip Lunch Ideas
- Teacher Appreciation Gifts: ‘Donut’ You Know You’re a Great Teacher Free Printable
- Tattle Monster