Happy Spring! Today is the first day of Spring and I had the urge to be crafty today…so I made some Spring 2×4 decorations to liven things up around here.
I was inspired by Craft Goodies 2×4 chick and rabbit, which you can find here. I made my own version and I thought the bunny and chick needed a friend so I decided to make a fluffly lamb to keep them company.
I started by cutting my 2×4’s, I made 2-5″ and 1-7″. Then I sketched out the bunnies ears and nose and had my hubby cut them out with the jigsaw. I painted everything and once it was dry started to embellish them.
I bought a package of yellow feathers at Hobby Lobby and cut them in half and started to hot glue them all over the 2×4.
I used a stiff sheet of felt to cut out the feet and beak and hot glued them on. Finally I added googly eyes. Cute little chickie!
I painted a black face on the lamb and used cotton balls to make him fluffy.
He needed some ears so I used black fabric and some pink polka-dot fabric and hot glued them to sides. (note to self: do this before putting all the cotton balls on) I painted a pink nose and added googly eyes. I still can’t decide if he needs a mouth or not, what do you think?
Finally I fixed up the rabbit. I started by adding the pink polka-dot fabric to the ears and then worked on the face. I used pink chalk to blush the cheeks. I needed whiskers and didn’t have anything so I cut a few pieces off my broom to make the whiskers, attached them to the nose and hot glued to it’s face. Some off set googly eyes and a few final touches and she’s ready!
I love this cute Spring trio!
The craft bug has returned and I have several other fun Spring projects that I plan to finish up this week (fingers crossed I can get to them all!)
I am linking up with these fun parties:
I’m also sharing this craft project on these fab sites!
- Grandparents’ Day Interview Free Printable
- Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons
- How to Spend the Perfect Day in Downtown McKinney
- Beer Tasting Birthday Party Ideas with Cricut
- Brunch Party Ideas with Cricut
- Mother’s Day Farmhouse Brunch Gift Basket
- 100 Sweet Days of School Bubblegum Shirt
- Easy Entertaining with Summer Seafood Boil Party
- Summer Fruit-Themed Birthday Party
- DIY Outdoor Bar Cart
- Free Teacher Thank You Letter Gift Idea
- Teachers Help Small Things Grow: Teacher Appreciation Gift