It may be hard to imagine it, but Fall is just around the corner. I absolutely love everything about the fall, cooler weather, football, Halloween, and of course indulging in the delicious fall flavors. Fall baking is the best, but let’s be honest fall takes a little bit longer to actually arrive here in Texas. So while temperatures might be cooling off where you are we are still enjoying 90+ degree days, but this Salted Caramel Apple Sundae is the perfect treat to transition from summer to fall.
These sundaes combine my favorite flavors of fall into one tasty and easy dessert you can enjoy whether it actually feels like fall or it’s actually a hot summer day!
I love using fruit as serving vessels for food, like I did with these orange sherbet desserts. I think it’s a fun way to impress your guest without spending all day slaving away in the kitchen. Plus, with this recipe you can save the cored out apple for another dessert, like baked cinnamon apples. That’s right two desserts in one, BAM!
You’ll need just 4 ingredients with 4 steps to make the Salted Caramel Apple Sundae:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Sauce (you can make your own or I like the Smuckers Simple Delight Salted Caramel Sauce)
1. Slice the top of the apple off; discard
2. Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the flesh and core of the apple to create a bowl. Rub a small amount of lemon juice along the inside to prevent the flesh from browning.
3. Fill each apple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and then drizzle with salted caramel sauce
4. Dig in and enjoy!
See I told you it was an easy dessert to whip up, and even though the leaves may not have changed colors and the temperatures are still sweltering you’ll be dreaming of crisp cool air and savoring the robust flavors of fall one delicious spoonful at a time!
What’s your favorite fall flavor or dessert?
- Spooky Cute Pink and Black Halloween Christmas Tree
- Grandparents’ Day Interview Free Printable
- Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons
- 25 Personalized Holiday Gift Ideas to Make with Cricut
- How to Plan the Perfect Fall Picnic Date
- Tailgates and Touchdowns Game Day Party Ideas
- 6 Tips for a Fiesta Themed Graduation Party
- Floating the Frio River the Ultimate Texas Road Trip Destination
- DIY Fall Leather Coffee Cup Sleeve
- Chocolate Peppermint Candy
- Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas with Free Printable
- Peacock Princess Party