November is all about giving thanks for the many blessings we have in our lives. We try hard to keep a thankful journal all year long so we can always count our blessings, but during this time of the year I’m particularly diligent in talking about and modeling gratitude with my children. We have so many people in our lives to be thankful for and one of the ways we show them how much we appreciate them is with simple acts of kindness or gifts. These Pumpkin Spice Pecans in Pumpkin Jars are the perfect way to show teachers, friends, coaches, neighbors and family just how thankful you are for everything they do.
This simple treat from Imperial Sugar doubles as a Thanksgiving craft and recipe you can make with your kids. A hand painted pumpkin jar hides a sweet and nutty pumpkin treat, perfect for gifting this holiday season.
My kids and I decided to make these cute little treats for their teachers. If you have been following Giggles Galore for a while you know how much we love our teachers and how important we think it is to say “thank you” for all of the things they do. Every holiday we find simple ways to brighten their day with yummy treats, school supplies or gift cards to their favorite restaurant.
Are you ready to whip up a batch of these glazed pecans and get crafty with the kids? Below is a list of what you will need for the pumpkin jars and the recipe for the Pumpkin Spiced Pecans.
Start by making a big batch of the Imperial Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Glazed Pecan recipe in the slow cooker — this is a simple and easy way to roast a Southern favorite. While the pecans are roasting, paint your pumpkin jars.
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add pecans, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, honey, maple syrup, and butter to a slow cooker. Toss to combine. Cook on LOW for 1 1/2 hours. The nuts should be well coated when stirred.
- While nuts are cooking, create the pumpkin jars for your yummy Pumpkin Spice Pecans.
What you will need:
- Small lidded glass jars
- Orange acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Brown acrylic paint
- Wooden knobs
- Orange and green ribbon or twine
- Green scrapbook paper
- Hot glue gun
Step 1: Paint the outside of your jars with the orange paint, set aside to dry and paint the lids with the green paint. Paint the wooden knobs with brown paint.
Step 2: While the paint is drying cut out leafs from the green scrapbook paper.
Step 3: Once the paint is dry hot glue the paper leaves and the wooden knob to the top of the lid.
Step 4: Fill the jars with the pumpkin spice pecans and screw on the lid. Tie ribbon or twine around the jar for that final finishing touch.
Once you have them all packaged up give them as “thankful” gifts or party favors at Thanksgiving. These pumpkin spice glazed pecans are delicious on their own as a snack, tossed in a salad or on top of an ice cream sundae.
For more delicious recipes or fun craft ideas you can make with the kids check out Imperial Sugars Kids In the Kitchen website. They have tons of ideas that will help you create extraordinary memories with the kids this holiday season!
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- Family Travel Guide to Eureka Springs
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Chic Boho Birthday Cake
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- Mother’s Day Farmhouse Brunch Gift Basket
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar Ideas
- FREE Football Cell Phone Wallpaper
- DIY Star Wars Canvas Wall Art
- 4th of July Flag Balloon Dart Game