I wanted to create some activities that would keep the kiddos entertained for a while on Thanksgiving day. I decided to create a kit full of creative activities for our kids Thanksgiving table, including pumpkin pie play dough.
Homemade play dough is easy to make and you can add seasonal spices that fit with your holiday or theme. I used our old classic play dough recipe and simply added pumpkin pie spice to make it smell just like the real thing.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
orange food coloring
How to make it
1. Gather Ingredients.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a nonstick saucepan. Then add the oil, water and food coloring, mix until smooth. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until it forms a ball.
3. Spread wax paper on the counter and place the dough on the wax paper. Let it cool slightly, then knead the dough until it has a smooth texture, about 1 minute.
4. Store the dough in a airtight container or ziplock bag, it will keep for up to a week.
- Garlic Herb Butter and Artisan Bread
- Clothespin Pilgrims
- DIY Halloween Crystal Ball Favors
- Broomstick Party Skewers
- Pink-o-Ween Halloween Ghoul’s Night Party
- DIY Cricut Monster Valentine Candy Cards
- Ruffled Burlap Garland Tutorial – Michaels Dream Tree Challenge
- Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- How to Plan A Bee-utiful Bee Themed Party
- DIY Painted Pegboard Jewelry Organizer
- DIY Melting Ice Cream Cone Headband
- Sonic End of Year Teacher Gifts