This week my kids are on Spring Break and while I really wish we were on a cruise and enjoying warmer weather, we stayed on the home front and we’re trying to keep ourselves entertained. My kids love baking cookies and with St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner we decided to get creative with a Mini Rainbow Fruit Cookie Pizza!
My kids love fruit, but we were inspired to make the fun Rainbow Fruit Cookie Pizza after a trip to our local grocery store, Market Street, and their new Kids Free Fruit Program. I’ve partnered with Market Street to let you know that starting in March they will offer kids a free piece of fruit each time they shop. To get your fruit, pickup a card in store, or sign up for the Kids Club on the mobile app. Kids can choose from a snack size banana, apple or orange. If you have ever been grocery shopping with kids then I’m sure you are all to familiar with your kids deciding they are starving the moment you set foot in the store, even if they just ate! I love this new fruit program because it keeps the kids happy and if they are busy munching on a piece of fruit they are less likely to act mischievous while I’m shopping, plus it’s a great healthy option and encourages them to eat more fruit!
The Mini Rainbow Fruit Cookie Pizza is a super simple recipe and your kids will have fun creating their very own fruit rainbow. Start by selecting a variety of fruit in all different colors. We used strawberries, raspberries, nectarines, cantaloupe, pineapple, green grapes, honeydew melon, blueberries, and purple grapes.
Now you’ll need to bake sugar cookies, homemade or store bought will work. You want for the cookies to be big enough that you can add a variety of fruit for your rainbow.
While your cookies are baking you can whip up the frosting for the cookies. We used cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip to make ours, it’s delicious!
Once the cookies have cooled, spread a layer of the frosting and then start layering your fruit to make a colorful and delicious rainbow!
There were lots of giggles as we decorated cookies and my kiddos even got creative with their rainbows, adding the colors they liked best or eliminating their least favorite fruit. My mom always said “memories are made in the kitchen” and I can guarantee you and your kids will have lots of fun making our Mini Rainbow Fruit Cookie Pizza!
- 1 pkg. sugar cookies, sliced or Homemade Sugar Cookies using your favorite recipe
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) container of Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups assorted fresh fruit (strawberries, nectarines, cantaloupe, pineapple, honeydew melon, green and purple grapes, blueberries, kiwi, blackberries, ect.)
- HEAT oven to 325°F and bake sugar cookies according to the package
- BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended; fold in the Cool Whip.
- SLICE the fruit into small pieces.
- SPREAD the frosting mixture onto the cookies, top with fruit rainbow.
We will definitely be having these again on St. Patrick’s Day. Do you have any special treats or traditions your family enjoys on St. Patrick’s Day?
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- Beer Tasting Birthday Party Ideas with Cricut
- Brunch Party Ideas with Cricut
- BOO on the Block Halloween Party Ideas
- DIY Personalized Popsicle Holders with Cricut EasyPress
- DIY New Years Eve Ball Drop
- Our Dad Rocks Picture Frame – Father’s Day Gifts
- Ice Cream Cone Fruit Cups
- End of Year Teacher Gift
- Twins Carnival Birthday Party