Did you know…you can turn your favorite comfort food into party-worthy appetizers? Filled to the brim with delicious spinach and cheese mixture your guests are going to love these little bite-sized Mini Lasagna Roll-up Appetizers.
My calendar is quickly filling up with Christmas activities and holiday parties. As an avid entertainer and social butterfly, I love this time of year! I always look forward to all of the events that give us an excuse to celebrate this magical time of year with friends and family, like our annual Jingle & Mingle holiday party.
But, I often find myself stuck on what to serve. Even though I have some tried and true dishes that usually make an appearance at our events, sometimes you just get tired of serving the same old dip and appetizers. This year I’m ready to wow guests with a traditional pasta dish with a twist, easy and delicious mini lasagna roll-up appetizers.
Mini Appetizers for Holiday Entertaining
I’ve always been a fan of mini appetizers, these small bites put the party in the palm of your hand. When you combine classic comfort food with the versatility of a mini appetizer, you create the perfect canvas for the ultimate party food.
You probably think of pasta as a dinner staple, but it’s time to reinvent this classic. Pasta is one of the most appreciated foods around the world as something to be shared among loved ones, but that doesn’t mean we have to wait for dinner time to enjoy it. Filled to the brim with a delicious spinach and cheese mixture, guests are going to love these little bite-sized lasagna roll-ups. And, you are going to love how easy this recipe is to make.
How to Make Mini Lasagna Roll-Ups
Start by heading to Walmart to pick up everything you will need to make this quick and easy recipe.
Next, combine the spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, garlic, and Italian seasonings. Add salt and pepper if desired.
Place the cooked wavy-cut lasagna on wax paper and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each one in half widthwise, and then fill each piece with 2-3 tablespoons of the spinach ricotta mixture. Make sure to leave one inch empty on one end.
Start on the end with the spinach ricotta mixture and roll up each piece of pasta until you reach the opposite side that has one inch empty. Cut the pasta in half again and place in a shallow baking dish.
Spread a spoonful of Barilla marinara sauce on the top of the lasagna roll and then top with a small slice of fresh Galbani mozzarella cheese. Bake until golden brown and bubbly.
Add a small basil leaf and appetizer pick to the center of each roll. Serve alongside the marinara dipping sauce for the ultimate holiday appetizer everyone will love.
The Italians believe in the joy of healthy and pleasurable eating, and that pasta is the best recipe for good living, as it provides the perfect canvas for a nutritious meal. I couldn’t agree more and look forward to sharing this culinary creation with friends and family this holiday season.
- 8 Lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package (about 1 cup) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container (about 2 cups) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1(24 ounce) jar Barilla Marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a rimmed baking dish (1-2 inches deep) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, garlic, and Italian seasonings. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pat pasta dry with a paper towel and lay on parchment or wax paper.
- Cut pasta in half widthwise. Fill with 2-3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture, leaving an inch empty on one side of the noodle.
- Start rolling each noodle up, ending on the side that has one inch empty.
- Slice each lasagna roll-up in half with a sharp knife and place, seam side down, in your baking dish.
- Top each roll with 1 teaspoon of sauce and 1 slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until pasta is golden and the mozzarella is melted.
- Grandparents’ Day Interview Free Printable
- Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons
- How to Spend the Perfect Day in Downtown McKinney
- Teen Boho Birthday Bash
- Pink and Purple Princess Party Candy Bar
- How to Plan A Bee-utiful Bee Themed Party
- DIY Outdoor Bar Cart
- DIY New Years Eve Ball Drop
- 10 Patriotic Signs for 4th of July
- Mad Scientist Halloween Party
- Family BBQ Party Ideas
- Tattle Monster