This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias
Cinco de Mayo may have come and gone, but that doesn’t mean we can’t keep the fiesta going! May is a month full of party potential, just think about it…the weather is warmer, school is coming to an end and pool season is upon us. I personally love any excuse to host friends and family over, especially when it involves Mexican food. I’ve teamed up with RO*TEL to bring you a Fiesta Dinner Party that will help you keep the celebration going all month long!
This month I am in charge of hosting our supper club dinner. When I realized my date fell in May I knew without a doubt that I would be hosting a Mexican themed Fiesta Dinner Party. Mexican food is my all time favorite and I have a few killer recipes that are my go-to’s when it comes to entertaining. To get the party started I’m serving Mexican Shrimp Ceviche in mini margarita appetizer cups. I have a classic recipe that I have made for years, but for this party I wanted to spice things up and make it simple. RO*TEL has enough zest to kick things up a notch without having to stress about prep, marinade and assembly time. You are going to love this easy and delicious take on Mexican Shrimp Ceviche.
First, you will need to start with stellar ingredients. I headed to Walmart and picked up everything I needed for this recipe, including the original RO*TEL.
For this recipe I used pre-cooked shrimp. I thawed the shrimp and removed the tails and cut it into small pieces. Just like a traditional ceviche recipe I squeezed fresh lime juice all over the shrimp and set them aside while I prepared the other ingredients.
Next, mix in diced onion, jalapeno and cilantro and added it to the shrimp.
Now, it’s time to add the RO*TEL. Mix all the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the mixture into the mini margarita appetizer cups.
Add diced avocado on top of the Mexican Shrimp Ceviche and garnish with a shrimp.
Your guest are going to love these little appetizers, so make sure you have some extras on hand waiting in the refrigerator. I placed an appetizer at each place setting and filled mini sombreros with chips so guest could dig in and enjoy their appetizer.
When it comes to entertaining I believe in keeping things simple and focusing on a few details to make the celebration extraordinary! Fresh flowers, succulents and limes created a beautiful and simple centerpiece for my table. I simply filled small wooden boxes with the flowers and succulents and arranged them on the table. I filled two large vases with fresh limes, which we can use to make a batch of fresh margaritas too!
I look forward to hanging out with our super club friends every month and believe that good food, good friends and laughter are good for the soul. I’m excited to host our friends this month for a simple Fiesta Dinner Party that focuses on celebrating great friends over delicious food, vibrant conversations and moments that will last a lifetime. How will you fiesta this month? Head on over to the RO*TEL social hub for a new recipe ideas and inspiration!
- 1/2 pound pre-cooked shrimp
- 1 can RO*TEL
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 3 TBPS diced purple onion
- 1 TBPS diced jalapeno
- 1-2 TBPS chopped cilantro
- Salt and Pepper
- Thaw the pre-cooked shrimp and remove the tails.
- Chop the shrimp into bite sized pieces.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime on the shrimp, set aside.
- Chop the onion, jalapeno and cilantro, add to the shrimp
- Open a can of RO*TEL and drain the liquid out. Dump half the can into the shrimp mixture and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into mini appetizer glasses, chill until ready to serve.
- DIY Patriotic Italian Soda Bar
- DIY Colorful Painted Favor Bags
- Rock Candy Rainbow Donuts
- Casino Night Party Ideas for Teens
- Notebook Paper Bags – School Treat
- FREE Fall Cell Phone Wallpaper
- Murder Mystery Dinner Party
- How to Plan a Picture-Perfect Spring Picnic
- Orange You Glad It’s Summer Party with Cricut
- Hot Air Balloon Valentine Box
- DIY Fishing Pole
- Tin for Ten – A 10th Anniversary Gift