It’s not to late to put together a magically delicious treat for St. Patrick’s Day. We’re celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with Lucky Charm Popcorn, a treat the whole family will love!
When I was a kid it was an extra special morning when we found Lucky Charms in our cereal bowls. It was truly like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, I loved saving the tiny marshmallows until the end and watching them turn the milk into a pretty pastel rainbow. The marshmallows are still my favorite part and I think it’s safe to say it’s my kids favorite part too!
Our kids are usually on Spring Break during St. Patrick’s Day, but this year they will be at school and since I love making holidays extra special I thought it would be fun to put together a special treat they can enjoy at school with their friends. This sweet and salty popcorn snack mix is a favorite around here, so I figured we would make it extra special with a sprinkle of Lucky Charms marshmallows.
This is an easy treat that’s been around for a while, but I recently discovered that using high quality chocolate will really make this treat pop. Here’s what you you’ll need to make this yummy treat:
- 1 bag microwave plain popcorn
- 1 cup Ghiradelli white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup Lucky Charm marshmallows
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave according to the directions on the bag.
- Spread the popped popcorn on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Heat the chocolate melting wafers in the microwave (heat 30 seconds at a time and stir) until melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the Lucky Charms marshmallows over the chocolate covered popcorn.
- Allow the chocolate to harden, serve the magically delicious Lucky Charm Popcorn and enjoy!
Plan an impromptu St. Patrick’s Day party or surprise the kids with an after school snack or family movie night, no matter how you decide to serve it we think this is a special treat the whole family will love.
Just think, maybe the Lucky Charm Popcorn will bring you extra luck and you’ll find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Looking for more creative St. Patrick’s ideas, check out these posts: