Thanks to our friends at Old El Paso & Walmart for sponsoring this post! All content, images, & opinions are my 100% own!
Our weekends in the fall typically revolve around sports. When we aren’t running from one kids game to the next, you can usually find us hanging out with friends and watching football. Growing up in Texas I’ve become a hard core football fan. We watch football all weekend long from Friday night lights to NFL game days and we are always hosting friends over to watch the game or gathering to tailgate. I’ve become a game day hero with my loaded Texas Trash Taco Dip Boats.
Texas Trash Dip has always been a game day staple, but this new loaded dip served in Old El Paso Taco Boats Whole Wheat Tortilla Shells is a total game changer. It’s the perfect tailgate recipe and guaranteed to be a touchdown with your friends!
When it comes to entertaining, I’m a big fan of simplicity. I want my guest to feel comfortable and welcome, and most importantly I want to be able to enjoy hanging out with our friends rather than slaving over the stove in the kitchen. Creating recipes with Old El Paso is not only convenient, but it helps me spend less time in the kitchen and more time focusing on the game. Now that football season is officially underway I needed some new “go-to” recipes that are not only easy, but delicious too. This loaded Texas trash taco dip is definitely going to get lots of playing time this season.
If you’ve never had these Old El Paso Taco Boats you’ve gotta check them out. There are several options, but we prefer the Old El Paso Taco Boats Whole Wheat Tortilla Shells. They are the perfect vehicle to hold all kinds of goodness. Filled with this creamy bean dip and baked to a golden crisp it’s the perfect game day recipe.
I simply mixed up our Texas trash dip and then filled each of the boats about 3/4 a way full.
Sprinkle cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese on top of the dip. Don’t skimp on the cheese, that’s the best part.
Place the boats on a baking sheet and patiently wait for the yumminess to work it’s magic in the oven.
Once the dip is nice and bubbly take it out of the oven and top it with cilantro, black olives and avocado.
Grab your loaded Texas Trash Taco Dip Boats and dig in. While these boats have plenty of dip to share with a friend we won’t judge you if you keep it all to yourself. If you are like me and love game day snacks just as much as you love cheering on your team, then you are going to love this easy and delicious tailgate recipe.
- 1 8 oz package (softened) cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Avocados
- 1 can (2 oz) sliced black olives
- Old El Paso Taco Boat Whole Wheat Shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream together
- Mix in refried beans, black beans and taco seasoning
- Fill the taco boats ¾ a way full with the bean dip
- Sprinkle both the cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese on top of bean dip
- Place boats on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the shells are golden brown.
- Top with black olives, cilantro and avocado slices