Taste Test Party Theme
Bubbling Brew in a Cauldron
Simple Pre-Party Preparation
- Several different varieties of root beer (you’ll be surprised at how many brands there are)
- A package of mini drink cups
- FREE Printable Root Beer Tasting Sheet
- Root Beer flavoring (located in the extract section of your market)
- Dry ice*
- A plastic cauldron or a deep pot
- 4 quarts cold water
- 2-3 cups granulated sugar (start with 2 cups and add sugar depending on how sweet you like it))
- 3 tablespoons root beer extract
- 1-2 pounds food-grade dry ice broken into pieces (use the smaller amount if you want it to dissolve quickly and the greater amount if you want it to foam and bubble while serving)
- In a large pitcher or clean cauldron stir together the water, sugar, and root beer extract until the sugar is mostly dissolved. Take a little taste to see if you need more extract or sugar.
- In a well-ventilated area, carefully add the dry ice to the pitcher using insulated gloves or tongs and stir with a long-handled spoon so that the dry ice doesn’t stick to the bottom and sides of the container. The root beer will bubble and the dry ice fog will spill from the container (cool!).
- Continue stirring until it is mostly melted, 15-20 minutes.
- Ladle into cups, avoiding any large pieces of unmelted dry ice, and serve.
Here Come The Judging
And The Winner Is…
- Grandparents’ Day Interview Free Printable
- Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons
- How to Spend the Perfect Day in Downtown McKinney
- Chic Boho Birthday Cake
- French Toast with Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- Daisies & Daffodils Garden Party Ideas
- Rustic and Cozy Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Model of the Moon – Science Fair Project
- DIY New Years Eve Ball Drop
- Farmhouse Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Free Teacher Thank You Letter Gift Idea
- DIY Rock Star Halloween Costume