Halloween is always more fun when there are terrifying treats or creepy recipes involved. Which is why your kids are going to love my new kid-friendly mocktail recipe for Halloween Monster Guts Punch.
This punch is perfect for parties, like our Mad Scientist Party or for an extra creepy Halloween dinner drink. This sweet and bubbly drink may look frightening, but don’t be afraid it’s super easy to make and sure to be a hit with the kids.
What’s not to love? This bubbly concoction features fruit punch, ice cream and 7 UP. It’s what my mom would call “wedding punch” because it’s the basic recipe for any type of punch typically served at the wedding receptions my parents catered through their catering business years ago. If you don’t like fruit punch, raspberry sherbert isn’t your thing, or you’d rather serve a green drink instead of red just switch up the ingredients with your favorite flavors.
You can set up a “mix your poison” drink station like we did for our Mad Scientist Party or you can mix everything together in a large punch bowl and serve. I found the plastic mini science beakers at Michaels and knew they would be perfect for serving kid-friendly drinks at our Halloween party. For our “mix your own poison” drink station I set out all the ingredients for the drinks on a small table with a few spooky Halloween Decorations.
For a “mix your own poison” start by taking a melon baler or tablespoon and get a scoop of raspberry sherbert.
Place the scoop of sorbet in the bottom of the cup. Next, take ladle and pour a scoop of fruit punch over the ice cream.
Now it’s time to top it off with the 7 UP, remember to pour slowly it will bubbly up.
Don’t forget to include a few creepy garnishes like the gummy worms or gummy eyeballs, that’s what makes this drink so fun!
Here is the recipe for our Halloween Monster Guts Punch:
- ½ gallon raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 2 liter bottle of 7UP or Sprite
- 64 oz Fruit Punch
- In a large punch bowl combine the sherbet and fruit punch. Before serving add the 7UP and gently stir to mix all ingredients
- For individual portions put a small scoop of raspberry sherbet in the bottom of each glass. Fill half of the glass with fruit punch and top the mixture off with the 7UP.
- Feel free to adjust the mixture depending on your taste preference. You can add more or less fruit punch, sherbet or 7UP to make the perfect kid-friendly mocktail.
So what do you think, will your kids love slurping up this Monster Guts Punch at your special Halloween celebrations?