Are you ready for some football? Add some fun to your game day with this creative Referee Banner + 10 Football Crafts and Recipes your home team will love! This month’s blog hop is all about football and I’ve teamed up with some super creative bloggers to bring you lots of ideas and inspirations to help you score big this football season. Click on the images below to visit the other bloggers and check out the tutorial for their crafts and recipes. Then keep reading for details about my quick and easy Game Day Referee Banner for your tailgate party.
I love football season and when we aren’t tailgating at the game I enjoy having friends over to cheer on our favorite team. While our football parties are usually casual I always try to make it fun by putting out some game day decor. This year our friends will keep their cool around this easy and fun referee banner.
1. Gather your supplies. I used Chinet square dessert plates, black washi tape, whistles, ribbon and twine.
2. Turn your plate upside down to create the referee stripes using the washi tape. I started on one edge of the plate and spaced 5 lines evenly across.
3. Next, use a hole punch to punch a hole in each corner (make sure your lines are vertical and not horizontal before you punch holes)
4. String the whistles (mine were from Dollar Tree) on twine and thread them through the holes and securely tie them to each plate. Finally, tie the corners of each plate together to create your banner.
5. Hang it behind your food table or on your mantle and get ready to cheer on your team to victory!
Add some game day snacks and you are all set for the big game.
Let’s hear it…who’s your favorite team? Hook Em’ Horns!