I recently had the privilege of going to Hershey, PA with Floracraft to demonstrate and talk all about the new Floracraft Hershey Kiss Holiday Wreath Kit. It was such a fun experience, and I’m excited to tell you all about some of the highlights from the trip as well as show off the new FloraCraft Hershey Kiss Wreath Starter Kit.
Hershey Chocolate World is a magical place where you can unwrap your chocolate adventure with all kinds of activities, attractions and lots and lots of chocolate. It’s no wonder that this place is dub the sweetest place on earth! For three days I teamed up with FloraCraft and fellow blogger Tanner from A Little Craft in Your Day, for live demonstrations where we showed visitors how to use the new holiday craft kits.
I thought I would show you guys the simple steps for creating these sweet wreaths so that you can make your own this holiday season.
Hershey Kiss Wreath Supplies:
- Floracraft Hershey Kiss Wreath Kit
- 2-3 Bags of Hershey Kisses
- Ribbon (optional)
Each kit includes the foam wreath form and glue dots that you will need to complete your Hershey Kiss Wreath.
You will need two to three bags of Hershey Kisses, depending on the look you want for your wreath. If you want it to be simple with 3 rows, two bags will be plenty. If you want it to be more full and the kisses to overlap, you will need at least three bags and possibly more. One of the best parts about this kits is that you get to craft with chocolate and sample as you go!
Place the bottom of the Hershey kiss on top of the special glue dot.
Gently pull up the kiss and place it on the center row. Continue placing kisses tightly together around the center row. The kisses should be back slightly from the edge of the inside slope of the wreath and should hang over the outside slope just slightly. Next, place the kisses on the inside slope and continue placing kisses tightly together all around the wreath.
At this point, you will have a perfectly symmetrical wreath with three rows of kisses. You can add a little bow to the center of the wreath and use the ribbon to hang it.
If you want a fuller look, continue adding kisses in layers to the wreath. You will need to use a low-temp glue gun (this is very important) to add the additional kisses. One tip that I learned after making lots of these kits is that you will need to place the kisses in different positions (sideways, upside down, etc) to get them to fit together for the fuller look.
These wreaths are so fun to make and easy, which means it’s the perfect craft for kids to help with too. In addition to the Wreath Starter Kit, there is also a Kissletoe Starter Kit, which will guarantee you have a Merry Kiss-mas with lots of sweet kisses!
Of course, we managed to squeeze in some fun during our trip, and sampled all the chocolate! If you are ever considering a trip to Hershey Chocolate World, especially during the holidays, I would highly recommend these activities:
- Create Your Own Candy Bar – it was such a fun experience to make our own very own Hershey chocolate bar, you even get to customize the ingredients and the wrapper!
- Hershey Chocolate Tour – One this fun tour you get to see, feel, hear and smell the transformation of cocoa beans to HERSHEY’S famous chocolate.
- Chocolate and Historic Trolley Tour – This in-depth historical tour aboard an old-fashioned trolley explores the town built on chocolate and the inspiring story of Milton Hershey. Our conductor was very informative and entertaining and it was fascinating to hear all about the failures and successes it took to build such a sweet empire.
- Hershey Sweet Lights – With more than 2 miles of illuminating light displays this Holly Jolly Sweet Lights tour was truly magical. The themed light displays range from the 12 Days of Christmas to Fairy Tales and even kid inspired artwork. This is a must do if you are visiting the park during the holidays!
This was such a fun experience and an opportunity that I am truly grateful for. I hope that you will check out the new Floracraft Hershey Kiss Wreath and Kissletoe Starter kits and make your own sweet memories this holiday season!