Our church hosts a trunk or treat every year for Halloween and it’s always a fun time for everyone. There are carnival games, a chili cook off and of course everyone decorates there trunk for trick-or-treating.
In the past my parents typically decorated their trunk while we wrangled kids and helped them go from car to car. This year we decided to put the men in charge of the kids and the girls hatched up a fabulous plan for a spooky trunk. We used the famous witches scene from Shakespeare’s Macbeth to create our haunted trunk. Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
I made a banner using pages from an old book and letters cut out on the Cricut. I gathered up all of my old bottles and jars and added labels I downloaded from Pen N’ Paperflowers. I added other spooky elements from my Halloween decor to create the spooky “witches workshop.” To keep with our theme we had a large cauldron bubbling with witches brew (homemade root beer.) My mom, sister and I dressed up as witches and chanted and cackled to our little trick-or-treaters.
We had lots of fun at this annual event and everyone loved our haunted trunk. Double, double, toil and trouble make way for a haunted trunk or treat!
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- RainBOO Halloween Carnival Party
- Daddy Daughter Sock Hop Valentine’s Day Party
- Rustic and Cozy Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- DIY Octopus Costume
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- Farmhouse Christmas Decorating Ideas
- 25 No Carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- Meet the Teacher Gift Idea