A few days ago I revealed my new office makeover and the fact that I have a problem hoarding my craft supplies. I buy fun and pretty craft and party supplies with good intentions to use them, but then I stash them away in my office and either forget that they are there or convince myself that it is too pretty to “waste.” Well with the start of the new year and a freshly organized office I’ve decided to use up those pretty things and use them to create extraordinary memories and fun, like this DIY Wooden Washi Tape Tic Tac Toe Game.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I thought this ordinary little wooden game would look super sweet with an easy and extraordinary makeover. It’s a win-win, I use up stuff that was just laying around my office collecting dust and now my girls have something cute and fun to keep them entertained!
My daughter brought home this wooden tic tac toe game from school last year (I think they were from a Lowe’s kid-friendly workshop) and I put it on the self and forgot about it. When I found it, at first I thought about just painting it but then I spotted my freshly sorted jars of washi tape and knew it would be way more fun to use the colorful tape to make it fancy.
I started by painting the base of the tic tac toe board game with my favorite color of paint, Treasure Americana® Decor™ Chalky Finish Paint. While the paint was drying I used my washi tape to cover the playing pieces.
That is it, simple huh? My girls couldn’t wait to get their hands on it and play tic tac toe. Do your kids love to play tic tac toe as much as mine? It’s an easy way to keep them entertained, and now it’s just way cuter than a board scribbled on a piece of paper. 🙂
This was just a simple project that cost me nothing and I absolutely love how this sweet little tic tac toe game turned out.
Do you hoard your craft supplies? What would you create with your stash of forgotten goodies?
- Spooky Cute Pink and Black Halloween Christmas Tree
- Grandparents’ Day Interview Free Printable
- Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons
- Beer Tasting Birthday Party Ideas with Cricut
- St. Patrick’s Day Charcuterie Board
- Easy Entertaining with Summer Seafood Boil Party
- DIY Glow-in-the-Dark Moon and Stars Mobile
- Pink and Purple Princess Party Candy Bar
- Personalized Mother’s Day Necklace Gift Idea
- DIY Fiesta Invitation for Cinco de Mayo
- DIY New Years Eve Ball Drop
- Birthday Money Jar Gift Idea