I am so excited that Christmas is just around the corner and can’t wait to start counting down the days. There is something so magical about counting down the days until Santa arrives, the anticipation is half the fun. Make it easier to count down to the big guys’ arrival with a DIY Colorful Painted Christmas Tree Advent Calendar.
Over the years I have had lots of advent calendars to help the kids and I countdown to Christmas. We’ve had everything from an Activity Advent Calendar to a simple numbered countdown, but we’ve never had an advent calendar with treats. I thought it would be fun to create a kid-friendly countdown with a few treats to enjoy along the way.
I have teamed up with DecoArt to show you how to create this colorful painted Christmas tree advent calendar.
Painted Advent Calendar Supplies
- Wooden Christmas Tree with Drawers
- Americana Paint – Dragon Fruit, Mermaid Tail, Light Lime, Peacock Teal, Coral Blush, Green Apple
DecoArt Metallics – Glorious Gold
Galaxy Glitter – Clear Ice Comet, Champagne Stardust
- Paint Pallet
- Paint Brushes
- Washi Tape
- Small Trinkets or Treats
How to Make Colorful Christmas Tree Advent Calendar
Start by removing all of the tiny drawers and paint the base of the tree with the Americana Green Apple paint.
While the paint is drying on the base of the tree begin painting the tiny drawers. You can paint the front of each drawer a different color or pattern.
Use the washi tape to create patterns or designs on the drawers. Make sure you mix it up so that you don’t have too many drawers that look the same. I also used the Galaxy Glitter to add shine and texture to some of the drawers, those turned out to be some of my favorites!
Once all the drawers are dry add small number stickers to the drawers. I didn’t add numbers to all of my drawers because I didn’t want to cover up all of the designs. If you decided not to add numbers to all of your drawers just make sure you know what order you want them to go in so you can add the stickers to the ones you want.
Place the painted drawers back in the Christmas tree. Since it is a “countdown” to Christmas I started with 1 and the top and worked down to the 24.
Fill each of the drawers with small trinkets, money, and treats. No matter what you decide to put inside yours I am sure the kids will have lots of fun discovering their treat each day.
Most of my Christmas decorations are fairly traditional in color and style, so it’s fun to have this playful and colorful Christmas Tree Advent Calendar to help us countdown to Christmas!
Do you have an advent calendar? I’d love to hear how you countdown to Christmas.
- DIY Paper Bag Luminaries
- Free Thanksgiving Bingo Printable
- Wax Paper Melted Crayon Art
- 5 Ideas to Host a Fall Backyard Bonfire Party
- DIY Octopus Costume
- Hot Salted Caramel Coffee
- Cricut EasyPress 2 vs. Heat Press - Which Is Better?
- Black and White Buffalo Plaid Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Trunk or Treat Decorating Ideas & Tips
- 10th Birthday Tradition and Surprise Birthday Sign
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- DIY Acrylic Pour Ceramic Coasters
- Fiesta Dinner Party
- No Bake Candy Birthday Cake
- 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand
- Classic Cowboy Birthday Party