Remember the good old days, when you’d hear your favorite tune on the radio? Better yet, remember the days when you’d have to wait by the radio with a cassette tape prepared so that you can make a mixtape?! Those days may be gone, but the fun doesn’t have to be! For a touch of much-needed nostalgia, we’ve got a boom box valentine for you to make. It’s got a free printable as well- all you need to do is add the paper elements to the front and you’re ready to go! Let’s get started, shall we?
Supplies you will need:
Glue stick or glue gun
Print out your valentines onto colored paper.
Cut out all your valentines, going inside the gray lines so that there is no border.
Cut your radio elements out of some spare paper. You’ll need a handle, two circles, two hearts and a few buttons for each valentine. A paper punch makes it easier, but you can also trace them with a pencil.
Mix and match the elements for each valentine, and glue them down. I used a glue gun, but a glue stick will probably be easier and neater.
Add some washi tape for a pop of fun and color. I added a strip at the top to cover the seam from the handle.
For the washi tape at the bottom, flip the valentine over and put the tape against the line under “from”. Then, fold it over to the front to make the bottom border.
Trim your excess washi tape from the sides.
Write the “to” and “from” names on the back, and pass them out to friends and loved ones!
Depending on how old your kids are, they can help you make these valentines or you can make them by yourself while you watch a rom-com on TV. They’re super cheap and easy to make since all you REALLY need is some paper!
- Gingerbread Sleepover Holiday Party
- Gnome for the Holidays Christmas Tree
- Down Home Holiday Hoedown
- Pink-o-Ween Halloween Ghoul’s Night Party
- Teen Boho Bedroom Makeover with Cricut
- DIY Beach Sunset Paint Pour Coasters
- DIY Leather Luggage Tags with Cricut Knife Blade
- CarnEVIL Trunk or Treat
- Colorful Spring Lemon Flower Arrangement
- Model of the Moon – Science Fair Project
- DIY Star Wars Canvas Wall Art
- Tin for Ten – A 10th Anniversary Gift