This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Lone Star Eggs. All opinions are 100% mine.
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year because it means boots, cooler weather and football! We love hanging out and watching football games, everything from Friday Night Lights to cheering on “The Boys” our favorite Texas team. Texans love their football! But, let’s be honest one of my favorite parts of game day is the party and tailgating! Today we are spicing things for the big game with our bold, flavorful Chorizo Deviled Eggs.
My husband and are the kind of fans that you would describe as “couch coaches”, we are constantly yelling at the TV and to say we are competitive is an understatement. We are “Texas Loud and Proud”, so it seemed fitting to incorporate bold Texas flavors in our game day appetizers. Were turning ordinary deviled eggs into extraordinary tasty little bite-sized morsels. It all starts with locally sourced Lone Star Eggs. Lone Star Eggs are available exclusively at Walmart and fresh off the ranch. I love that the inside of the egg carton boasts that these eggs are “Laid by Texans for Texans.” And I love knowing that I’m feeding my family from a local source, even when are splurging on game day snacks!
I grew up in South Texas and developed a strong love for spicy Mexican food. In college we’d make regular breakfast runs after pulling an all-nighter for spicy chorizo, potato and egg tacos. It was just what you needed to power through the day. Which is why while I was brainstorming ideas for jazzing up our deviled eggs I decided to incorporate this unexpected spicy flavor.
The smooth creamy yolk mixed with the spicy, crumbly texture of the Chorizo is an epiphany at first bite. We added chopped up cilantro and a touch of grilled jalapenos for an even bigger Texas kick!
To make the perfect deviled eggs spoon the mixture into a plastic piping bag, snip the end of the bag and fill the egg whites with the velvety chorizo mixture.
Once the eggs are filled with the delicious egg yolk mixture sprinkle them with crispy chorizo and cilantro to give this traditional appetizer a Texas flair all your guest will love.
These aren’t your ordinary deviled eggs, but we bet you’ll love this gourmet version of the picnic staple we all know and love.
- 6 eggs
- 1 heaping Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3 Tablespoon Mexican Chorizo, cooked and grease drained
- ½ Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped grilled jalapenos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs in water. Bring the eggs to a strong boil then turn the stove off and let them sit for a while to slow-cook.
- After the eggs are done cooking and have cooled a bit, peel them gently, cut them in half, and place the yolks in a bowl.
- Use a fork or a whisk to get a smooth yolk mixture
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard and salt and pepper to taste, mix until smooth. Add the chorizo, cilantro and jalapenos and incorporate.
- Spoon moistened spicy yolk mixture into a piping bag, then cut the tip off the bottom.
- Gently and evenly squirt the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with crispy chorizo and cilantro
How do you celebrate game day? I’d love to know what your favorite Texas inspired food is?