Double, double, toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble! I couldn’t let Halloween slip by without sharing this Halloween dessert with you. Earlier this month I shared this spooktacular recipe with my friends at Eighteen25 for their Spooktacular September series. I think you are going to love these Bubbling Key Lime Mousse Cauldrons.
These light and refreshing treats are fun and simple to make so you can whip them up for your Halloween in no time. My kids loved digging in to these cauldrons filled with key lime mousse and topped with creepy crawly sprinkles! I think one of the best parts of Halloween is all of the creepy, spooky, silly ways you can play with your food. I love how adding just a few candy eye balls, bone sprinkles and green nonpareils turn a fairly simple dessert into something extra special.
Every year before we head out trick-or-treating we have a themed Halloween dinner and dessert. When I give my kids a fun dessert like this they aren’t tempted to dig into their trick-or-treat bag and snack on candy before we have a chance to look through it.
These bubbling key lime mousse cauldrons are a great way to turn an ordinary Halloween celebration into an extraordinary one! So lace up your boots, grab your broom and make some magic this Halloween!
- ⅔ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups heavy green
- 1 can (14 oz) sweeten condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 1-2 key limes, zested
- Neon green food coloring
- Green nonpareils sprinkles
- Halloween sprinkles (eyes, bones, creepy crawly bugs, ect.)
- Pretzel sticks
- Silicone cauldron baking cups
- In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture in the bottom of each cauldron.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweeten condensed milk and lime juice.
- Fold lime mixture into the whip cream until well blended. Add the lime zest and stir.
- Add 2-3 drops of neon green food coloring and mix until well blended.
- Pipe the mousse mixture a little over halfway into each of the cauldrons. Add another tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs and then finish filling the cauldron with the mousse mixture.
- Finish the bubbling cauldrons by sprinkling the top with green nonpareils sprinkles and adding some creepy crawly sprinkles and a pretzel stick broom.
- Put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make sure you pin these other popular Halloween crafts, costumes, recipes and parties: