Don’t let the summer end before you try these delicious and refreshing Blueberry Lemon Parfait, one bite and you’ll be hooked!
As a kid I loved listening to my mom read the book Blueberries for Sal. As she retold the adventure of Sal and with each animated Kuplink, kuplank, kuplunk! I would imagine myself picking blueberries and dropping them one by one in my bucket. Which is really quite interesting considering I don’t actually like blueberries very much, but something about going to pick them seemed so magical and fun. And guess what, picking blueberries is lots of fun and just as I imagined it!
Recently my sister took her kids to pick blueberries and I’m super bummed we weren’t able to go this time, but at least she came back with lots of fresh blueberries to share! I can’t take much credit for this recipe either since my mom and sister were the ones who came up with this delicious summer dessert. Inspired by the Summer Berry Mousse Tarts I created they thought it would be yummy to use the fluffy lemonade filling in a completely different dessert.
For these parfaits they simply made the lemonade mousse and layered it with the perfect homemade blueberry pie filling and topped it with a dollop of whipped cream. These parfaits are simple to create, but there is nothing simple or plain about their flavor. It’s the perfect combination of fluffy, tangy, sweet and creamy all whipped up into one delicious looking parfaits!
So whether you go blueberry picking and have lots of fresh blueberries on hand, or you simply grab some of these tiny little berries from your local market you definitely want to give this recipe for Blueberry Lemon Parfait a try.
Our freezers still full of hand-picked blueberries and we’re looking for new ideas on how to use them. I’d love for you to leave a comment and tell me about your favorite blueberry recipe.
- Lemon Mousse Ingredients:
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 20-oz container frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 16-oz container whipped topping, softened
- With an electric mixer cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add lemonade concentrate. Mix until well blended.
- Spoon whipped topping into separate bowl, then gradually fold in the lemonade cream cheese mixture until well incorporated. Do not over mix or the whipped topping will lose its volume.
- Spoon a layer homemade blueberry pie filing (link to recipe in blog post) into parfait glasses.
- Next, spoon a layer of lemon mousse on top of blueberry filling and then repeat layers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prior to serving add a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with fresh blueberries, mint or a lemon wedge.
- This recipe will make 6-8 parfaits.