Easter is just around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about Easter Egg Hunts, Easter Brunch and delicious springtime recipes. I love brunch, it’s the perfect combination of breakfast and lunch and includes some of my favorite foods. From french toast and ham to fruit salad and pastries, brunch is the perfect way to entertain your guest this Easter. This year, impress your friends and family with this sweet and savory Asparagus Tart with Honey Lemon Sauce.
Asparagus is known as the star vegetable of the spring season and it’s one of my favorites. I love it so much my family is probably very tired of me serving my Asparagus and New Potato Salad recipe at least once a week this time of year. I love incorporating it into recipes year round, but in the spring it’s flavor is so fresh, bright and tender. This creamy, lemony tart is perfect for all of your springtime celebrations, especially Easter Brunch.
Growing up my family always celebrated Easter with a traditional dinner of ham cheesy potato casserole, salad and deviled eggs. But, now that I’m in charge of hosting family for Easter I’m mixing things up and serving brunch, because it’s my favorite! We will probably still have the traditional ham and cheesy potatoes, but there will be sweet pastries, french toast and this delicious asparagus tart with honey lemon sauce.
The ingredients are simple and fresh and this recipe is so easy to make. You are most definitely going to impress your guest. So whether you plan to host Easter brunch or stick with the traditional Easter dinner, you are going to want to add this tart to your menu!
Start by washing and trimming the asparagus, the star of this recipe.
Prepare your pie crust and fill it with the ricotta cheese mixture and then layer the tender asparagus stalks on top.
While your tart is in the oven cooking prepare the sweet and tangy lemon sauce.
Remove the tart from the oven and drizzle the honey lemon sauce on top of the tart before serving.
I am so excited about hosting Easter Brunch this year and can’t wait for my family and friends to try this delicious recipe. Happy Easter and Spring my friends, I hope your celebrations are filled with delicious food and extraordinary moments!
- 1 frozen pie crust thawed according to package instructions
- 1 pound of asparagus, washed and trimmed
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Honey Lemon Sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta and Parmesan and stir well.
- Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork.
- Spoon the ricotta-Parmesan mixture into the pie crust and spread it evenly around pie. Arrange the asparagus over the top of the cheese alternating top to bottom, trim the stalks to fit if necessary
- Drizzle with olive oil evenly over the top of the tart and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the asparagus is tender. Serve warm, just out of the oven.
- Drizzle with honey lemon sauce just before serving.
- Honey Lemon Sauce
- In a small sauce pan, dissolve the corn starch in the water.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat until mixture begins to simmer and thicken.
- Stir constantly for about 1 minute and then remove from heat.
If you love asparagus as much as I do, make sure you check out the recipes below for more tasty ideas:
- Rock Candy Rainbow Donuts
- You’re the Cherry Best Pie Party
- 8 Easy Valentines To Make with Your Cricut
- Mini Lasagna Roll-up Appetizers for Holiday Entertaining
- Winter Woodland Christmas Tree – Michaels Dream Tree Challenge
- Cozy Classic Red Plaid Christmas Tree
- Halloween Monster Freak Shakes
- Tailgates and Touchdowns Game Day Party Ideas
- How to Paint Woven Baskets with Acrylic Paint
- Floating the Frio River the Ultimate Texas Road Trip Destination
- CarnEVIL Trunk or Treat
- Jingle and Mingle Christmas Party