Donuts are a popular trend and seen everywhere from breakfast, dessert and even party themes. This year for my daughter’s birthday she requested a sleepover so of course we combined it with our love of donuts! These DIY Polymer Clay Donut Rings were the perfect addition to our sweet party favors we handed out.
I’ve never tried making my own jewelry, but I was surprised at how easy it was to make these cute little rings. Here’s what you’ll need to make your own DIY Polymer Clay Donut Rings:
Adjustable Ring Blank (found at local craft store)
Polymer Clay (light brown, dark brown and pink)
Small Glass Beads or Sprinkles
1. Take a small amount of the light brown clay and roll it into a ball. Next, pinch an even smaller amount of the dark brown clay and roll it into a ball.
2. Take your thumb and gently push down on the center of the light brown clay to create your donut base. Do the same thing to the dark brown clay to create the icing. You may also want to add a little shape to the icing by rounding some of the edges.
3. Lay the icing on top of the donut base and gently press down. Next, create a hole in the center of your donut by inserting a small modeling tool. I used the one that came with the clay I purchased, but you can always use a small stick if you don’t have the tools.
4. Next, add your sprinkles to the donut, gently press them into the clay so they adhere when you bake it.
5. Finally, bake your polymer clay donut ring in a 275 degree oven for 15 minutes per 1/4 inch thickness.
These Polymer Clay Donut Rings were the perfect addition to our Donut Necklaces which we gave out as party favors. My daughter and her friends giggled all night long and had lots of fun at our Donuts and Pjs slumber party, this theme and the sweet party favors were definitely a hit!