Summer desserts should be light and refreshing and these cool Summer Berry Mousse Tarts are just what you need to beat the summer heat! These mini desserts are a refreshing finale to any meal and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
The other day while my mom and I were running errands we were talking about desserts for an upcoming dinner party and she suggested I revamp one of our favorites from the family recipe file. My parents used to own a catering business and my mom makes the best desserts! My favorite is what we call Chocolate La Rue Tassies, they’re a creamy chocolate dessert in sweet little tart shells. While they are my favorite, I wanted something a little more summery for our party. We decided to combine the sweet tart shells and a classic lemonade mousse with a little twist and came up with these Summer Berry Mousse Tarts.
These little mini desserts are easy to whip up and the light and fluffy lemonade filling is full of surprises with an unexpected ingredient. Yep, that’s right a surprise ingredient. What is it you ask…why it’s Berry Pomegranate liquid water enhancer from Mio. That’s right the same stuff you use to make flavor your water is what we used to sweeten this refreshing dessert.
I used my moms mini tart pans to create the pastry crust, but you can also use a mini muffin tin. Or if you want to save some time purchase the pre-made mini pastry shells or spoon the creamy filling into a pie crust.
The combination of the sweet pastry dough, refreshing lemonade with just a hint of berry make these little mini desserts perfect for summer entertaining. They are easy to whip up and this recipe makes plenty for a crowd. And trust me you’ll want to have lots of these tasty little treats for everyone to enjoy!
The great thing about this recipe is it is so versatile. For additional serving options consider making a refreshing frozen dessert. Place the mousse in a baked pie crust, put in the freezer for several hours before serving. Or switch things up with different flavor options by simply trading out the type of juice concentrate and flavor of liquid water enhancer.
- Tart Pastry Dough Ingredients:
- 1 stick margarine
- 8-oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 2½ cups flour
- Berry Mousse Ingredients:
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. berry pomegranate liquid water enhancer
- 1 20-oz container frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 16-oz container whipped topping, softened
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves for garnish
- Tart Pastry Dough Ingredients:
- Combine all ingredients and mix with hands until well incorporated.
- Press into small tart pans or mini muffin tin
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 until golden brown
- Let cool before adding filling
- Berry Mousse Directions:
- With an electric mixer cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add flavored liquid water enhancer and lemonade concentrate. Mix until well blended.
- Spoon whipped topping into separate bowl, then gradually fold in the lemonade cream cheese mixture until well incorporated. Do not over mix or the whipped topping will lose its volume.
- Spoon mixture into small tarts or pie crust. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prior to serving garnish with raspberries and mint.
- This recipe will make 60-75 mini tarts or fill one pie crust
What’s your favorite summer dessert?