For my daughter’s Donuts and Pjs slumber party we made some , including this easy and inexpensive Donut Necklace. I like giving party favors that are useful and instantly remind guest of how much fun they had at the party. But, I also wanted everything about this party to be simple and while I was searching for ideas for party favors I ran across this darling necklace from Little Blue Boo. I decided to make my own necklaces for the girls and thought it would be fun to include in their party favor bags.
This was an easy project that I was able to finish in less than an hour for all 6 necklaces. Follow the easy step by step directions to make your own Donut Necklace.
1. Purchase 3/4 inch pre-cut wooden disks from the craft store.
2. Use a small drill bit to drill a hole in the center of the wooden disk. Use an even smaller one to drill a hole at the top for the jump ring.
3. Use a small paint brush to paint the pink icing on the wooden donut.
4. Add a thin layer of heavy duty glue and carefully drop sprinkles onto your donut. Let it dry overnight.
5. Finally add a jewelry jump ring to the small hole at the top and thread a chain through to make your necklace.
Before the girls left the next morning I gave each one a favor bag with the donut necklace, a donut ring, a pink sleep mask, lip gloss, gumballs and a lollipop. Just a fun little reminder of all the fun that they had at our Donuts and PJs sleepover!